Since 1989 Minshall Stewart Properties, has made opportunistic and long term investments in high quality commercial and multi-family real estate. Utilizing entrepreneurial deal making and asset management skills, along with institutional strength and liquidity, we acquire underperforming real estate assets in the Washington, DC Metro area. Our institutional capital providers are among the premier global real estate investors in the market today including; JP Morgan Investment Management, Heitman, Angelo Gordon and GE Capital. Our lending relationships are equally strong with Wells Fargo, CIBC, Citibank and RAIT providing us access to efficiently priced capital throughout the debt stack.
Our focus is on off-market transactions as well as difficult repositioning opportunities that are widely marketed. We use a customer based approach to identify issues that are important to our prospective tenants as well as potential institutional buyers of our redeveloped assets. Ultimately, through redevelopment, we create institutional quality exits from non-institutional assets.
Our broad acquisition, redevelopment and asset management skills include the following;
- Targeting and acquiring over 2.3 million square feet of off-market assets
- Acquiring debt at a discount
- Foreclosure and bankruptcy work
- Successfully acquiring entitlements, zoning variances and complex amendments to PUD’s
- Heavy, structural redevelopment and expansion in occupied buildings
- Managing assets occupied by demanding institutional tenants including; The GSA, The European Union (built to suit for its embassy), The Peace Corps, The Japanese Government and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Our collective experience spans more than thirty years and several real estate cycles. We are adept at recognizing opportunity in terms of both assets and timing. It is these skill sets and experiences that help us earn extraordinary returns for our partners and our firm.